Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gellatos, Stamp Your Story and Kraft

I wanted to play with my new purchases; Tropical Gelatos and Hero Arts Stamp Your Story, My Favorite set. I was trying to come up with a way to use them both together and I decided to make
a card for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Kraft



I used a Hero Arts tall Kraft card. I scribbled the four gelatos in the set onto the card and went over
them with my Tim Holtz water brush. Then I stamped the feather and butterfly images onto the card with Black Archival ink. I wasn't happy with just the black so I scribbled colors into the feathers and
butterflies with the gelatos and went over them with my water brush. I pulled different words from
the set and stamped them onto the card using the Black Archival ink again. When I was done
the card still didn't look finished so I added some Teresa Collins enamel dots. I was suprised
at how fast the card went together. I concentrated more on playing with the products than designing the card.

Hope you enjoy the card. All your comments are sincerely appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you had fun making this card, Carol! I have one set of gelatos and love that they are so creamy and vibrant. Great idea to used all of your colors; they look so pretty against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love those gelato colours on the kraft paper and the stamped images are awesome (I just used that set for the first time the other day). Thank you so much for sharing your krafty ideas with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring! Love the look of the gelatos on the kraft paper! Fantastic colors and the enamel dots are the perfect finishing touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly do love your play!! Now I must learn to play with my gelatos!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete