Monday, August 26, 2013

Lawnscaping Distress Mainiac Challenge

This is Challenge #64 over at Lawnscaping.




This is the card I made for the challenge.




My card base is Kraft Cardstock
The second layer is from the Lawn Fawn Pink Lemonade Collection Kit.
I used Strathmore Watercolor Paper for the distress stains and stamping.

I swiped the distress stains right across the watercolor paper.

Distress Stains:    Festive Berries
                           Peeled Paint
                           Broken China
                           Dusty Concord

Lawn Fawn Stamps:   Birthday Year 3
                                 Happy 4th

It's hard to see but I covered the stars & fireworks with distress stickles and went over the
the sentiments with a clear gel pen.

Embellishments:    Doodlebug pearls
                             Lawn Trimmings Pink Lemonade.




11 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the bright colors you used! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and cute birthday card! I really like the colors that you used to create the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use the distress inks!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! XOXO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool - love your card! So glad you played with us at Lawnscaping! Hope to see you next week too!! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your Distressing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colors in the background! I really love the random pearls~Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carol, Guess what? You have won something on my blog! Congrats and please send me your email address. Fondly, Kathy
    http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Yes, I also LOVE Tim and Dyan's stamps! You will love playing around with your Gelli Plate! I am actually still learning and experimenting with mine as well. I don't think you can ever know too much about what to do with a Gelli Plate! Your card tht you are showig on your blog is so cute! I love the swipes of Distress Ink colors on the watercolor paper! That is so striking and a cute design. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. You will LOVE the packing tape/gelli plate technique. It's so much fun! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bold pops of colour! :)

    ReplyDelete