Simon Says.....April Showers-and-or-Spring Flowers
This is the card I made for Simon's Challenge this week.
Hero Arts/Basic Grey Kissing Booth 6 X 6 paper pad
Nenah Solar White card stock
Hero Blush Note Card
Prima Say it in Pearls
Hero Arts Large lotus Pattern Cling Stamp
Hero Arts Mother's Day Scripted Stamp
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Ranger Magenta Hue Archival Ink
Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
Scattered Straw Distress Ink
Spellbinders 3 Grommet Tags
String from my stash
1) I stamped the Kissing Booth paper using the Large Lotus Stamp
with Versamark Ink.
2) I heat embossed the stamped paper with the Ranger
Clear embossing powder sealing the paper pattern underneath the flower.
3) I applied the Evergreen Bough Distress ink over the entire
paper with a foam applicator.
4) I went over the flower with a baby wipe to remove any distress ink.
5) I cut out a tag with the Spellbinders die.
6) Stamped "Happy Mothers Day" onto the tag with the Magenta Ink.
7) Distressed the edges of the tag with Scattered Straw ink.
7) Attached the Tag with string to the Kissing Booth paper.
8) Layered some prima flowers together and put a pearl on top.
9) Attached the Kissing Booth Panel with tag onto the Hero Arts
10) Attached all the embellishments to the card as shown.
I learned the embossed resist technique from Kristina Werner's
and Jennifer McGuire's Pattern Play class. Great class, I highly
recommend it. Unlike some on line classes you get access to
the class materials forever.